According to Garmin, the eTrex 20 is one their most popular GPS units ever made. The Garmin eTrex 20x builds off that success with key improvements, like a basic and easy to use interface, more internal memory and higher screen resolution. The three best attributes of this GPS are: weight (5 oz), Battery life (25 hours), and a competitive price (see Amazon), making it the cheapest model with a color screen and compatible with HUNT Chip. The eTrex 20x is one of the smallest GPS units on the market. It fits perfectly in variety of pockets and is not too bulky when in pants pockets while in the field.
This GPS is also a great option if you prefer operating with gloves on. This GPS is a tremendous value for the ounce-counting outdoor enthusiast, or for someone who is on a tight budget but unwilling to sacrifice quality. The eTrex 20x is a “bare bones” GPS unit that will allow users to know where they are at all times, and get from point A-B.
- Greater resolution than the eTrex 20, with 240 x 320 display pixels
- Internal memory expanded to hold more maps
- High-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver with HotFix® and GLONASS support
- Worldwide basemap with shaded relief
- 2.2″ 65K color, sunlight-readable display
- GPS and GLONASS satellites for faster positioning
- Paperless geocaching
- 25-hour battery life with 2 AA batteries
- Lightweight (5oz)