When shopping for a new portable crate there are a few things one always wants to keep in mind. The Intermediate Ruff Tough Kennel comparison to other plastic 2-piece crate is really not a fair advantage.
The durability of the 1-piece construction allows for dog owners to have some peace with knowing their dogs are safe in these crates. The Ruff Tough Kennels have been put through a number of tests side by side with other plastic competitors. The result is that you can still use the Ruff Tough Kennel afterwards.
The owner of Ruff Tough Kennels has put his kennel through a series of tests of dropping weights from about 20′ onto his kennel and a competitors kennel. Results…well, you’ll just have to watch the video.
Another test was throwing kennels out of a moving truck with sand bags. Again, the results speak for themselves in the video.
Granted, we would never purposely conduct these tests on our purchase(s) but it really gives me peace of mind that if something should happen unexpectedly that my dog would be more safe inside a Ruff Tough Kennel than any other brand.
The price point of the RTK yes is higher than other brands but can you put a price on the safety of your dog? Also know that by the time you would eventually pay for replacing a couple other brands, you would have spent money by just buying one kennel.
- All sizes come with doors that can swing both ways and can be easily removed.
- Intermediate and Large sizes come with a double door option (door on both ends).
- All sizes come with a variety of accessories including tie down kits, handle kits, fans, top tray, the Water Topper that holds 9 gallons of water
- All sizes are very easy to clean.
- All kennels have a 1 year warranty. Having been a dealer for since 2010, I haven’t dealt with 1 warranty issue yet!